Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Tip April 2nd: Perspective and Advice

More than one aspiring author has asked me for advice. A good deal of writing, Fantasy in particular, is perspective. The ability to believably move from one point of view to another.

Lately, I've been wondering what advice someone like me might give... someone like me.
Apprentice Swordceror was recently a Kindle Deal of the Day. That means huge exposure, and more opportunity for feedback.
There are currently 78 reviews on Amazon, and #77 was a two star. Reading it, even after all of the positive reviews, was still like a kick in the gut. I don't know if that will ever change, or if it should.
So, knowing what I know, what should I tell me about how to proceed?

Keep writing what you love, what you want to read. Two two-star reviews out of nearly eighty is not that bad, and when a thousand people buy a book in one day, there are bound to be a few that won't like it. That's fine. Don't change what is working, but keep improving what you can. Take a moment to enjoy the positivity from the fans that want more. There are a lot more of them than the other sort.

Above all else, keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment