Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Putting the House in Order

Friday was my last day of traditional employment. I'm not sure it has all really hit me yet, but this is what I do.
Have not yet had a chance to get any extra writing done, but there are some things that need taken care of at home that will help make it a better work environment. That's what this week is all about. That, and missing the Micron gang. As I discussed with my former manager there, this is the way everyone should be able to leave - with a great plan for the future and no hard feelings. Unfortunately, it's not something you see very often, there or anywhere else.

My writing schedule is adjusting somewhat. Instead of every weekday I can manage like in the past, I will only be at the Bellybuster Tuesdays from 10am until Noon for writing group, and again on Thursday just to write. I'm going to have to make the effort to write at home or I'm going to turn into a sandwich.

Any advice from successful self-employed individuals, be they writers or otherwise, about time management/motivation/etc. would be greatly appreciated. 'What I do/did was ____' only, please, not theoreticals from armchair entrepreneurs.
Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment