Tuesday, July 8, 2014

True... That?

Have you ever wondered about the truth? I mean, seriously? Beyond the scope of asking what the definition of 'is' is?
Truth is generally not my stock in trade, as I get to fabricate reality in The Blademage Saga. However, lately I've been forced to think about it quite a bit more than usual.
My part-time consulting gig has been picking up, and I've been working with the overly-talented James Eicher, a previously published author, on his upcoming eBook, Ecology of Truth.
Lacking the multiple degrees Mr. Eicher possesses, and just a bit intimidated at his vocabulary (that almost never happens), I have come to appreciate the complexity and wit in the subject matter whilst formatting it for its August Kindle release. After the first formatting run-through, I mentioned to James that the depth of the material reminded me both of Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth, and Gary Zukav's The Dancing Wu Li Masters. This seemed to please him.
Anyway, he's a great guy, and a former Micron alum like myself. Instead of leaking Fantasy like my brain does, James has arranged thoughts on Ecology, Ontology, Epistemology, and a few more -ologies in a concise, deep, but lighthearted romp through religion, politics, and ultimately, the truth.
I'll be adding James and his book to the 'Friends of The Blademage Saga' section soon, and hope to have him relaunch my semi-regular interview feature sometime later this month or early next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment