Saturday, November 19, 2016

Updates

A lot has happened since my last post. A lot, but by the same token, often not enough.

I spent four days in the hospital in July with pneumonia, and was diagnosed with diabetes. It was pretty bad. If I had not decided to visit the doctor that day, I might not have had the chance to the next day. There was over two months of little more than bed rest, adjusting to my new reality.

In the last two weeks, things have finally started to turn around. My medication, blood sugar, and energy levels have started stabilizing. After a long battle with ACX, my amazing audio producer, James Mackenzie, has gotten the final version of Journeyman Warsmith uploaded past Amazon's broken interface. The second installment of The Blademage Saga went live on Audible last Friday, and has started crawling off the digital shelves without any prodding.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. My energy levels are only about 80% of what they should be. My writing has suffered. For the longest time, it was a good thing nothing was hitting the page, my judgement was severely impaired. Things are picking up. I wrote a chapter the other day my oldest daughter said was 'awesome', and she's not one to just say that, especially to me. The crew from my Idaho Writer's Guild splinter group has been a big help. I've been setting deadlines and timelines for production that are not as close as I'd like, but are reasonable and manageable. There may even be a related side project some of you may be interested in, I'll follow up as soon as I get some more concrete information on the specifics.

Sorry it's been so long, but things are looking up. I'll be in touch more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment