Monday, February 29, 2016

Back in the Saddle

On many levels. For one, the truck is running again. If anyone needs a Throttle Position Sensor changed on a '98 Dodge Ram 1500, let me know. I have that down to an art. Might be able to do it in around 10 minutes, and I have all the tools for the procedure gathered in one place.

All the kerfuffle over the new Oregon Sick Leave law should keep a steady stream of willy-nilly at the SBDC. We've got some good compliance information that will help mitigate some of the heartburn over it in Malheur County, so bring it on.

Gearing up for Science Bowl, the Middle School competition was a good warm-up for the main event next Monday. Pretty excited about that.

Dusted off the Audiobook review on Warsmith that has been long overdue. I'm finding little touches that need fixed here and there, but am floored by the artistic flair that Jamie Mackenzie uses to bring the manuscript to more vivid life than I expected. I'd been dreading the search for a retail sample, but it slapped me across the face in Chapter 5. Mirsa's big fight scene. Wow. Just... wow.

Was recently contacted by a colleague that is going through much the same phase in his writing career, taking on extra projects and trying to balance his time between those and his writing endeavors, Aldus Baker, host of podcasts including me, and people more important than me. He's looking to continue his Author Interview series, but is looking for interested parties to approach him. He's a great guy, interviews really well, walks you through the process and makes you feel at ease. I highly recommend checking into it.

I'll get better links to his site, and the way things are going, links to the Audio version of Journeyman Warsmith by the end of March.

Good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment